Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Absence

I have been on a self-imposed period of mourning and healing since my older sister's death on May 24, 2010. It and a few other things that occurred around that event caused me great sorrow, hurt and even disgust.

If I have learned anything in life however it is that only you can change your own circumstances.

My mother died in the hospital in 2003 as I held her and gave her permission to pass from this life out of her suffering. That image profoundly affected me and made me hesitant to be present as one might imagine. Movies do not depict death as it truly is when you see the light dwindle in that persons eyes if you have not experienced it first hand.

My biological family, additionally, did not want me to appear at that moment as the woman I am becoming. That was also so very hurtful.

Thankfully I have a new family that accepts me totally and my healing has ended.

I will renew my blogs shortly.

Hugs and much love to the world and the friends I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment