Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today I was shocked..


I find myself backed up against a brick wall. My income stream is from SSI, granted it is above average due to my profession. When I went to see my case manager today, she's in charge of my weekly progress and needs during transition. She informed me that SRS had discontinued my Medicare coverage, not my Medicaid for prescriptions, but any other services leaving me with a $4,000 bill. Which I cannot pay. The reason given by SRS was my income was too high?

Please note my blog titled Why "Sex change" surgery is medically necessary.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused, why would SRS have anything to do with Medicare? How could one have anything to do with the other? Weekly progress? You have to see a case manager weekly? Good grief, I'd probably kill myself if I had to see someone weekly.

    Is it SSI or SSDI you're getting? That might have something to do with it, I don't know. I myself am getting SSDI, and don't have to deal with them (the SSA) on a regular basis thankfully.

    ReplyDelete