Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nine months to go.



I have been living as a full time woman for fifteen months now. I have experienced the highs and lows of living a normal lives,we all know the stigma in society for each of us in our journeys. When I first 'came out', I didn't allow myself to feel any guilt, I had made a decision and acted on that decision. I had already decided that my life had always been that way so this was another time I would accept responsibility and be accountable. I didn't hesitate to fight discrimination that occurred in the summer of 2009. I caused harm and recovered lost love, decisions made it is time for me to make a place for me in society, a presence.

These are the things that I want to accomplish in the remaining nine months of fulfilling the legal requirements before Gender Reassignment Surgery can be authorized.

Name Changed to Michele Renae Leah. Just need filing fee of $166.
Cosmetic stuff, face scars softened, hairdo, my dentures LOL and a makeover.
Hormone Replacement Therapy, this is the one I need help with. I live in an black hole in SE Kansas, the closest larger cities are Wichita, Ks., Tulsa, OK. And Joplin, MO. If anyone has any advice as to search for a doctor to write prescriptions. I have heard from several sisters that they used a gynecologist vs a medical doctor.

I hope I hear from some of you that are at the same point I am or need help like me.

Hugs
Michele

1 comment:

  1. Michele,
    Try Dr. Frances Haas at Warren Clinic in Tulsa,OK.

    Elizabeth Marie
    emarie53a@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete