Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sometimes it's from a child

Sitting with a 2 y/o can teach you unbelievable insights into innocence. Here I am at age 56 starting all over with 2 girls ages 2 and 4. Many of you may be able to identify with my experience. As I looked into her eyes and listened carefully as she formed her words of which she has many. Struggling with making a sentence she frowned as I helped her say the words. I was impressed with her persistence to tell me what she wanted me to do. When I was embroiled with my career I was not the lucky one to see those same efforts in my own children now grown with children of their own. Do I deserve this chance to love again, to teach and guide? Am I worthy to lead them into a better life? Will I be there to see their triumphs and sorrows? Age has taught me many lessons, the most immutable of all, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment